Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Cafe Trade #2 2024: @levy2628

Good Morning fellow Coffee and Card peeps!! Or just coffee or just card peeps though I don't know or understand how non coffee drinkers make it through day.

Before I start with today's latest post, I wanted to share my latest articles on Beckett and BCW Supplies.

First one is on Beckett and focuses on 1996-97 Stadium Club Basketball Matrix parallel. You can read it here, https://www.beckett.com/news/second-look-1996-97-stadium-club-basketball-matrix/

My second articles was on BCW Supplies and talks about sorting in the winter time to cure your blues, https://www.bcwsupplies.com/blog/2024/01/12/winter-got-you-down-sort-your-cards/

I would appreciate you guys giving them a read and maybe leave a comment or two on those posts!

*takes a sip*

My latest trade is with a guy I have plenty of experience trading with in the past on Twitter. Yes, I will always call it Twitter, X sounds like a dirty movie site.

We have done sports trades, non-sports trades and a mixture of both. The one great thing is that he is always fun to trade with and easy to trade with. 

Our latest trade shows this.
Jenny McCarthy rookie card. I have other versions of her rookie, but not the Topps Now one.

Anyone else think this is what this year's election will look like??

One thing that my non-sports collection lacks is vintage.  And I don't know much about vintage whether that be for sports or non-sports but when I see something cool, I will trade for it.
Like this one!

Or what about some Marilyn Monroe? Don't tell me this isn't cool.

Same for this John Wayne.

Along with the unique vintage non-sport adds, I added a couple modern as well.
Harry Hamlin is known for his role on L.A. Law, Clash Of The Titans, Shameless and Mad Men. Sadly, I haven't seen any of these. But, I think he has a solid signature so was glad to add him anyways.

 
Michael has been in a few other films, but I know him for his role on Spider-Man Homecoming. It was a great movie.

Thanks again to @levy2628 for this trade. I actually believe the next one in this series I post will also be a trade with him. If you liked the cards in this one, the next one is pretty stellar as well.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Drink coffee, smile and be happy. Life goes by too fast to not drink coffee, smile and be happy.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Nice job on the articles. Balance between words and photos makes it an easy read. I may have to invest in a sorting tray. I usually link the modular trays I have but find I run out of spaces and end up putting stacks on my sorting surface. I'm going to work on your Tuesday challenge. Coffee up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I own any of the Matrix parallels for basketball, but I do have some of the baseball and football versions. It's weird that they didn't produce these parallels for the 2nd series. With football and baseball, they picked certain players and made Matrix parallels for them... which is equally as weird. Why not just make a parallel for every card in the set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have one of the Matrix parallels. defintely want and need more.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!