Monday, January 29, 2024

The Coffee Card Hall Of Fame Returns!


*coffee is hot and ready and I am ready for a new #CardsOverCoffee*

Hall Of Fame. It's where the best of the best go.

And that's where cards voted by you guys two years ago went into, well except for one of those I just traded away. That won't happen again I promise.

After a year off, I decided to bring back The Coffee Card Hall Of Fame and hopefully this time there will be more nominees and more interaction with this.

With a little cheating by copying the previous post about this, here's the deal and here is what I need from you guys, the readers.

I have created a box where I will be storing my Coffee Card Hall Of Fame collection. In this box, every year from here on out until I can't brew anymore coffee, I will be placing FIVE cards a year voted on by you to go into the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame. However, I will need some card nominees all year for you to vote on. This is where you guys come into play again. Every post on CARDS OVER COFFEE after today until the December 1st end date, you can nominate a card or cards from any post-including box breaks-in comments of that post you think should be in the Hall for the 2024 year. These will be the nominees.

Those cards will be POSTED HERE all year long. Remember, this is a Hall Of Fame nomination. Not every card has to be a patch, autograph or low numbered, but Hall worthy. I will close nominations on December 1st and will let you guys begin the voting process (how I will do this will be determined later on) on which five cards you would choose to make it into the Hall. The cards with the most votes, get in.

Today, I will be kicking off the nominations with a card to get this started.
  
How can the Topps Now Topanga rookie card not be included in the Hall Of Fame?

 
I acquired this card in a trade with Shane from Cheap Wax Wednesday. Some day, some day I tell you, I will end up her autograph version of this card since I was a big fan of Boy Meets World. Which by the way if you are shopping for my early birthday gift my birthday is in March ;)

I hope this sounds like a lot of fun for you guys and hopefully there will be more interaction for it this year.

Thanks again to Shane for kicking this off.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am curious on your guy's thoughts about this and my first nominated card in comments today.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. Fill your mugs up with joy today.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. I can't comment on the card very much because I have never watched that show. I'll be thinking about a card I can nominate. Coffee? I need a refill! Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of year ahead of cards to nominate! At least I hope I have that many more mail days ahead

      Delete
  2. I am thinking of going to 90s con this year. Hopefully she will be there, and maybe I can get her to autograph it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I'd love to vote for Topanga... it's a long year, so I'll hold back and wait. Cool card though. Just curious... which Coffee Card HOF card did you trade away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should be fun! I thought I nominated a card last year, but don't remember if anything came of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did vote in the first year! Your name is still with the card you nominated!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!