Thursday, January 25, 2024

If You're Not First, You're Last

Coffee is ready, I have a donut, some cards and I am ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee.

*takes a sip*

Currently I sit in 4th place on TCDB when it comes to collecting Mikaela Shiffrin.

When I look at that number, one thing comes to mind, "if you're not first, you're last" which is a phrase I have used throughout my life and believe in. Because there is simply wins and losses. There are no in-betweens. There are no participation trophies in life, sports or cards.

Thinking this way doesn't make me upset or offend me or "trigger" me, it drives me. I thrive for a challenge and want to win. So that's what I plan to do.

Because right now I am last and the only way to go now, is up.

Which is why I recently added four new Shiffrin cards to my collection. All come from the Upper Deck Goodwin Champions product.




And even with these four new adds, I still reside in 4th place. I am now only one behind third place though, but still twenty plus from first. With some motivation from being last, I can already picture myself in first. I will get there even if it takes some time.

Because if you're not first, you're last.

*takes final sip*

If any bloggers or readers have any for trade I don't have, check out my COLLECTION HERE and just let me know via email at sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com!

Have a great Thursday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. I have none so you are way ahead of me. Drinking a cup of Highlander Grog right now. Enjoy the rest of Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highlander Grog? Have never heard of that.

      Delete
  2. Those almost make me want to buy some packs of Goodwin. I'll be on the lookout for those Mikaela for you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Goodwin is my favorite Upper Deck product because of the variety. It's like an unlicensed Allen Ginter.

      Delete
  3. "There are no participation trophies in life, sports or cards." Lol. I love it... and totally agree.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!