Monday, January 8, 2024

Oren's Christmas Gifts

*tummy rumbling, can't begin the typing process without some breakfast by side.*

*gets up, waits for a bagel to be toasted and buttered*

*done. sits back down to computer, breakfast and of course coffee*

*takes a sip, gets ready for post*

Anytime I get a PWE, a package or a good sized box from friend and reader of this blog Oren, I never know what he has found or will be sending. Even if we are doing a trade.

Which always makes the mystery fun.

This time Oren sent a mystery box of Christmas goodies including the 2007 Topps Santa Claus set I opened this post with.

And the Christmas cards were not done from there.

 
In the box also was the complete 1994 In The Pursuit Of Justice OJ Simpson card set that had its own Christmas card.

 
There was also a Christmas Sweater (the multi color ones are the best ones)

Then came some packages to open, stay tuned for that in a new segment. Fingers crossed on a Danny Tanner from Laffs to replace the one in my set!


A couple of cards for my non-sport PC.

Kurt Warner /99

And Terrell Davis /25 Player Of The Day parallel cards. I have never seen these before, pretty cool side collection adds.

This will always be one of my favorite Wave Of The Future designs with the liquid in the card. I didn't know they made these for baseball, maybe a new chase?

Alias Relic. First one of these in my non-sports PC.

This was pretty cool, Bill Erwin was all across TV and Movies. Including The Drew Carey show, Twilight Zone, I Love Lucy, Perry Mason and even Seinfeld to name a few. This fits perfectly in my Seinfeld PC. This marks my second autograph of a character from the show.

I don't know who Ryan Stasik is, but I may check into his music after Googling him.

Relic, not worn by comedic Genius Mel Brooks, but is a World War II relic worn by someone. I think Spaceballs is probably among one of the best parody movies out there. Though I give Robin Hood Men In Tights the slight edge. Another Brooks parody.

This is a unique addition to the collection, a Max Patkin autograph. Known as the "Clown Prince Of Baseball", he put on 4,000 appearances in his comedic career.

And this wasn't my complete mail day from Oren either. You will have to check out my NY Giants additions over at Big Blue Cardboard. If you haven't yet, go follow that blog and add it to your blogroll.

Thanks again to Oren for the unique Christmas gift.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

This is only the beginning of my Christmas mail day reveals. I have many more left to show off.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

10 comments:

  1. Wow cool stuff. Unopened packs are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will post results on here! New segment coming up!

      Delete
  2. That's quite a haul! The Christmas sweater amuses me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are a lot more fun than most collectors think!

      Delete
  3. What a variety! Thanks for keeping the Christmas theme going. Probably more Auto/Relic/Patch cards in this post than my whole collection. Coffee Up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more Christmas posts to come! Then I have no idea what I will post about haha

      Delete
  4. That Max Patkin autograph is awesome! A few years ago I picked up some of his Action Packed cards and thought about getting them signed, but discovered he passed away back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw that he had, didn't know he had an action packed card!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!